If you are interested in expanding your knowledge of your hometown history and want to give back to your community while meeting interesting people, contemplate volunteering at the Boca Raton Historical Society!
The Boca Raton Historical Society (BRHS) volunteers work both directly with the public and behind-the-scenes assisting the Historical Society staff at Historic Town Hall and other historic venues.
Opportunities for volunteers are always changing depending on the needs of the museum. A wide range of essential services are provided by the BRHS volunteers in the following areas:
NOTE: The current volunteer need is interpreters for the new History Alive! exhibits.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, download the Volunteer Application and complete. Return the application by mail, e-mail, or drop-off.
Department of Heritage Education
Boca Raton Historical Society
Historic Town Hall
71 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
After your application is reviewed, an appointment will be made with you for an interview to match your skills and availability to the current needs of the Historical Society and its History Museum.
- Enhanced knowledge of Boca Raton and its surrounding communities
- Community Pride & Awareness
- New Friends & Faces
- Learn New Skills
- Volunteer Recognition
- Arranged field trips to other cultural organizations and historic sites
- A 15% discount in The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Store
- All volunteers are asked to become a member of the Boca Raton Historical Society.
- Training and orientation must be completed in each service area(s).
- Training materials and name badge will be provided to each volunteer for a nominal fee.
- Attend an annual update session for chosen service area(s).
For more information about the BRHS volunteer program, email email@example.com or call 561.395.6766 ext. 107.