Opportunities for volunteers are always changing depending on the needs of the museum. A wide range of essential services are provided by the BRHSM volunteers in the following areas:
- Fire Bay Gift Shop
- Special Events
- Town Hall Greeter/Visitor Services
- Children's Programs
- Archival Services
- Tour Guide (Docent)
Volunteers are need as interpreters for the upcoming Boca Express Train Museum tours.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, feel free to download Volunteer Application for volunteer services. After reading the application information, please print and fill out the application and mail it to:
Department of Heritage Education
Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum
Historic Town Hall
71 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
After your application is reviewed, an appointment will be made with you for an interview to match your skills and availability to the current needs of the Historical Society and Museum. These appointments fall on the dates of the volunteer Meet and Greet sessions. These orientation meetings are held monthly at Town Hall (check the Calendar of Events page) to provide potential volunteers with specific details of training and scheduling options of the area(s) in which you may serve. (Please note: Training and update classes for volunteers who conduct history tours are usually held in the Fall.)
- Enhanced knowledge of Boca Raton and its surrounding communities
- Community Pride & Awareness
- New Friends & Faces
- Learn new skills
- Volunteer Recognition
- Arranged field trips to other cultural organizations and historic sites
- A 15% discount in the Fire Bay Gift Shop
- All volunteers are asked to become a member of the Boca Raton Historical Society.
- Training and orientation must be completed in each service area(s).
- Training materials and name badge will be provided to each volunteer for a nominal fee.
- Attend an annual update session for chosen service area(s).
For more information about the BRHSM volunteer program, call 561-395-6766 ext. 307.